Nashua - Merrimack - Bedford 13761
The F.E. Everett Turnpike (FEET) was constructed in the early 1950s and has served as a link from Central New Hampshire to US Route 3 in Massachusetts. Today it remains a vital north/south transportation corridor linking residents, communities, commerce and year-round tourists throughout NH and travel between NH and Massachusetts. The project proposes to widen portions of the roadway and either replace or rehabilitate bridges along a 12 mile corridor beginning in the City of Nashua and extending north to the Town of Bedford.
This project is currently in the Preliminary Design phase, based upon the NHDOT Project Development Process, with an anticipated formal Public Hearing to be held in 2017. The start of construction will be based upon available funding and permitting, but the first project is tentatively scheduled as early as 2020. The construction of the project will span multiple construction seasons and will likely be completed in multiple construction contracts.
Major Project Elements:
• Widen three segments of the FEET from Nashua north to Bedford to address traffic capacity and need
• Replace or rehabilitate the Wire Road Bridge over the FEET (Merrimack)
• Replace or rehabilitate the Baboosic Lake Road Bridge over the FEET (Merrimack)
• Rehabilitate or replace the FEET bridge over Baboosic Brook (Merrimack)
• Rehabilitate the FEET bridge over Greeley Street / Continental Boulevard
• Replace or rehabilitate the bridge over the Pennichuck Brook (Nashua/Merrimack)
• Stormwater Treatment Improvements throughout
• Noise Assessments
• Public Participation
Beneficial Effects of the Project:
• Improved capacity for the growth in average annual daily traffic (AADT) volumes.
• Improved traffic conditions throughout the project area.
• Improved safety throughout.
• Bridges would be rehabilitated or replaced.